Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tony Days 42-46/365 need to keep updating these more frequently

So we start off with my training session with Ewan in Kelvingrove park. It is getting darker at night now and you can start to feel the temp drop. We are due a dump of snow in the coming week so I am not looking forward to this! This run was just along with my client - he is getting better at the running and we did a little bit more this week than we did last. Good progress!
Day 42/365 - Training session with Ewan in Kelvingrove park by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Out on the Friday night with Buddy - I know that I have the hard training session with Greens running club tomorrow. So I keep it light and take the dog out for a run. He always struggles as he is only a small westie but this time I thought I would take him to the park and let him run off the lead when I run. He loved this and thought it was a game and tried to chase me for three km!! only to be distracted by another dog so I had to put him basck on the lead. We ran further up to the cemetery and let him off the lead again. Buddy took 2min off his 5km time this way! really proud of him!!
Day 43/365 - 5km run round Burnside with Buddy the dog by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
I have a thing for running in cemeteries I have found! There is something nice about reducing your morbidity by exercising where people are buried. Weird I know. Imagine croaking it there while running - that would be unlucky!! great session with the run club. Doing 12km and a lot of hills - we also ran through the barras and the stall owners thought it was a bust by the cops!!
Day 44/365 - Advanced run club with glasgow greens by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
So was at the team WOD at CF today and was very very hard with a lot of thrusters!!! Legs were tired after this and wanted to get the run out of the way. Only doing a short slow one in the freezing cold I could then enjoy the rest of my Sunday with the feet up!!
Day 45/365 - Short 5km after the team WOD at CF (legs tired) by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
So After Sundays run the snow came. It came down thick and heavy and lay about an inch. Left the run all day as had lots on, so finally decided to do it after I would finish work at 7:30. On the way to work though I hit a massive pothole and thought nothing of it. On the way home my car was tracking heavily so got out to check the massive puncture that I had gained! :( Bad times. However these things can be seen as a blessing :) so while the can of tyre inflator was doing it job I ran along the length of Kings park ave in the snow to see the bloody pothole that caused said puncture. The snow is certainly an issue not only for safety but it tests  the proprioception of your ankles as well. This is very good for injury prevention however it does tire you out very fast!!
Have invested in some snow track shoe thingys, will keep you updated as to how I get on with them.
More snow forecast this week!!!



Day 46/365 - Got a puncture on Kings park ave so ran the length. by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. really pleased to see Buddy's 5k time coming down!! lmao!

    ReplyDelete