Saturday 31 December 2011

Marg: Day 50-52/365 Challenge - treadmill, Carmel and "Race to the New Year" at Cool Creek Park

Just a bit of speed practice in the treadmill. Did not really run as fast as the time would suggest but definitely faster than I do outdoors. I think I need to recalibrate my pod....I should not have take it off!
Day 50/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

Have a race on tomorrow so just an easy pace to Gray Rd and back. It was raining all the time but only lightly and did not bother me. I used my head lamp for the first time and it was very effective and helpful.
Day 51/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

"Race to the New Year" (5k) at Cool Creek Park on today. We had more than twice as many people as last year. Running has really take off in our area. Brad and Erika (a friend of mine) ran today. It was 30 degrees warmer than the last time the race was on. I was glad we were not running again in windchill below 0oF like last year! I think that accounted for the higher numbers as well. Very happy with my time which was 28:33 officially...I forgot to turn my Garmin off at the end which is why my pace is slower from my phone. That has given me my fastest race pace ever of 9:11!
Day 52/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments: