Sunday 25 December 2011

Happy Christmas from Ceylon!

I can't remember what day it is which surely is a sign that I'm starting to unwind! Before I update, I have a confession to make. In the last 5 days I've run only twice. We've been in the middle of the island near Kandy in low hill country and in the evenings it has been total pitch black.... The thought of running on tracks through jungle and forests in total inky blackness simply isn't possible. That and my in laws reminded me of the cobras that live in the termite nests at the side of the tracks... I could have run last night upon our return to the capital Colombo but I think my brother in law is friends with the devil... He persuaded me to go for a beer whilst we were tasked with Getty Ng the shopping from the supermarket... One beer turned to three and the rest is history! I did go running once in the morning in Kandy... T was a total downpour in jungly mists... I ended up running to an army checkpoint and so had to trn around else. Would have run 9 miles to make up for the missed days... Came back soaked to the bone! However today is Xmas day, and what better way to start the day with a run along the Indian ocean first thing in the morning... Wonderful. We've just got back from a lavish banquet buffet luncheon at mount Lavinia hotel and s were now just lazing by the pool. I am replete! Not sure what I'm going to do about the missed days, I do fel bad about it, but it just simply wasn't safe enough. Will upload some photos of where we were staying.. It was Imply breathtaking. Hope everyone had a great Xmas. Best, Ben

1 comment:

  1. hey Ben!! tony here! whats happened??!!
    Can you start again?? would you want to start again???

    ReplyDelete