Wednesday 7 December 2011

Ben Day37/365 - Long Ashton Running Group

A bit of a change for me today! The old dear that owns my local off-license (alcohol seller Marg) told me about a village running club that get together very informally once a week on Wednesday evenings. a 7pm and a 7:30pm slot - the 7pm for those that run abit faster than the 7:30 group. They meet outside her shop!
The Little Tipple
I thought it would be great not to hit the cycle path again, so I turned up at 7pm. had an enjoyable 5k run with Paul and Chris - my new running buddies! was quite funny - we started heading towards the cycle path - I tried not to let my grimmace show too much in the dark!

Ben Day37/365 - Garmin

in the last mile, someone asked if I found the pace OK - which it was, and then for some reason the pace seemed to pick up a bit after that - with the last bit bringing us home in under 6 minute miles which made me smile.
Very pleased to have found a different, local, outlet for some running action on Wednesday nights at least. Look like a nice bunch of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment