Thursday 15 December 2011

Nicky Day 39/ Street 5k Series

Absolutely awful weather all day - sleeting when I left home to drive to Bristol. Mendips also white with snow. Driving home from work it was absolutely tipping it down. I was not looking forward to this evenings race! The 2nd Wedesday of each month during the winter months, is the Street 5k series. I try & run these when I can. Yeoviliton run a similar series during the summer.
Thankfully by 6:30 when it was time to head off, the clouds had disappeared, stars appeared & wind dropped - as had the temperature!
Due to the temperature I did 2 slow circuits of the 1km route prior to the 5k race at 19:30. Felt fine. 19:30 & off we went. I felt ok & was dead chuffed that my times actually got quicker with each of the 1k circuits. My finishing time was 24:51 - around 30 secs quicker than 2 months ago.
Really enjoyable evening as all the Christmas lights up & we even had a santa sleigh being dragged by a tractor down the high street with Christmas music booming out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment