Thursday 21 June 2012

Nicky: Day 239 Forde Abbey x-country 10k

Nicky: Day 239 Forde Abbey 10k x-country by knickerscat at Garmin Connect - Details
Ford Abbey 10k by Foxylady at Garmin Connect - Details

Unfortunatly my Garmin didnt pick up the satellites until about 2m into the race (I must have been running so fast!!). Mid summers day so a good evening to enter a x-country 10k......not.
Forde Abbey is a lovely old house & gardens in Dorset (national trust i think). Despite the lousy weather around 150 folk turned out for the event. Cold, raining & generally grim. Due to the amount of rain recently they had to change the course. One part of the river to be crossed was too fast flowing & deep!!!
Still, despite all, I had a fantastic evening. Knee deep in mud & cow dung, slippery forest paths, muddy & wet fields, slippery styles & a thigh deep river crossing but with a rope to stop one being swept away! All in all a really great little race. Not my best ever 10k time but thats x-country for you.
Ben, one for you to consider next year!

The post by Foxylady is the full course that I pinched from Garmin Connect!

1 comment:

  1. Game on! - bear me in mind if you make any more x-country last minutes entries... I might be able to make it.. one never knows with the wife's crazy timetable!!

    ReplyDelete