Wednesday 13 June 2012

Nicky: Day 231 Yeovilton 5k Race

Untitled by knickerscat at Garmin Connect - Details

The boss managed to overrun our meeting by 45mins & of course I had not brought my club vest or running number with me! Luckily Alfie was at home, so he met me at Yeovilton Airbase at 7pm with my kit (didnt have time to go home from head office in Hatfield). Got changed quickly in the car & shot across to race HQ to pay my fiver for the race. This race is part of the 5k summer series (Somerset race series & our club race series) so I was keen to take part. New I wasnt going to break any records this evening as legs still feeling a little tired, but I wanted to get a point towards the Somerset Series & Club Series. Several club members appeared which was nice. One of the ladies who I am quite competitive with also turned up. Gun went & off shot Mel! I did warn her that my legs were still fatigued - she was pretty chuffed as I normally pip her in races. I however picked up 3k into the race & actually caught her  up, overtook her & beat her by 26seconds. Yes, I was pretty chuffed. She also happens to be 12 yrs my junior! I so love this challenge. Has certainly improved my fitness & stamina hugely. I also think it has toughened up my feet! Still cant get over having only 2 of the tiniest blisters post Comrades. What a difference to the MdS!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment