Thursday 7 June 2012

Benjours 144-148 Scouting fest

Greetings comrades .. a quick blog update before tomorrow when I fly to Glasgow, meet with Tony C and we embark on the Lowe Alpine Mountain Marathon this weekend... we find out the location at midday today... will update the blog with details for interest! We're running the B course if memory serves.
the LAMM

Spent the Queen's weekend ensconced at our Scout District Jamboree - it was fantastic, save for the fact I left my Garmin charging at home (!).. Classic British weather for the weekend - some sunshine, blustery, windy, lots of rain... to make it easier for the security guards I didn't keep running in and out of camp, I clocked laps around the big fields after dark after we'd finished serving 570 hungry mouths dinner both nights - the rain meant I didn't need a shower afterwards! Tweaked my right ankle again on the field. Feels like there is general weakness in the ankle now, which I'm hoping holds out for this weekends mountain fest..

Jamboree was amazing - Kayaking/Shooting/Swimming/Archery/Assault Courses/ Bungee/Zorbing/Segway courses yadayadayada all sorts of things going on - I was there on Sat and Sunday until Monday morning and was knackered by the time I left! Oliver my son is in Beavers and he had his first overnight stay away from mum and dad (I was camping on the same site, but I'm a scout leader, not a Beaver Leader :-) I think they finally made it to sleep about midnight - Wife collected him on Sunday morning and tells me he was asleep by 4pm, then woke up two hours later, crying that he wasn't allowed to stay at camp again that night - sign of a good camp I feel!

Benjour 146 - cycle path by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details
Benjour 147 - ankle niggler by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details
Benjour 148 - Scout planning session in the pub by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

  1. Good luck for your LAMM at the weekend.

    Have you forgot to put links up for day 144 & 145??

    p.s. Can I come and play at your camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot the bloody Garmin on Scout weekend, found it charging when I got home... my own fault for dashing out the door early on the Sat morning with Beaver son and his kit in tow...

    ReplyDelete