Saturday 2 June 2012

Jack: Day 43/365...Jubilee weekend

Looking out of my window this morning I was not thrilled by the prospect of heading out for a run. It looked cold and grey and I knew that once I went out for my run I would be outside for a while. Nevertheless I headed out the door at half ten to join the running club at the gym. As we strode along the river I was pleased to feel the sun begin to come out from behind the clouds and enjoyed the long stretch along the river. The run involved lots of other mini-challenges such as scaling a wall, spontaneous crawling under benches and scrambling over a giant 'hedge-sofa' outside the Transport Museum. These all helped to break up the hour long run and added a bit of an extra challenge to proceedings. My legs were fairly sore after an intense night of deadlifting at CrossFit and I carried a pack on my back to add an extra bit of weight to the run. The run was a good one and I really enjoyed having some company whilst training! After the run I headed over the Kelvingrove Park with Tony to take a few of the guys for some circuit training. I was surprised by the large police presence in the park at this time of the day. The park was pretty much empty however half a dozen police officers were standing guard at the gates checking any bags of people entering the park and officers mounted on both horseback and mountain bike patrolled the park itself. It all seemed a bit excessive but then I was not in Glasgow last year when the park was apparently the location of a party which turned into a riot. Today's proceedings fortunately appear to have passed without event and hopefully the remainder of the weekend will be a good one!

Run 43/365 Run Club by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment