Friday 22 June 2012

Day 217-221/365 Challenge - Hotel rooms, stair wells, basements and courtyards.

I have been in India this week and it meant that I had to get very "creative" with my running locations!!! The first night I arrived I hoped to be able to run outside however the concierge convinced me that it was not safe so I thought I would try running up and down the stairs from ground to the 7th floor. After I had done 5 laps I realized that my foot pod had link was not working and I did not have the energy in the hot stairwell to start again. So I went back to my air conditioned room and ran around in there for 2 miles!! The next night we were in Ludhiana in the Punjab. Again we arrived too late to use the treadmill in the gym. I asked again about it being safe to run outside and I think they thought I was crazy. The best solution that they had for me was to run around in the basement parking lot. A very puzzled security guard came down as well to keep an eye on me. I am not sure if he was told to do it or if he was just interested in strange and unusual occurrences. We stayed at the same place the next night and I got a tread mill run in, however we were leaving very early the next morning and I knew that we might not get to our next destination within the day so I ran before we left at 4:00am. This time they suggested a small garden courtyard near the hotel. It was still very hot but not quite as hot as the basement. There was a bit of a breeze and there were no cockroaches! Ben, the last two runs were on the treadmill at that hotel we stayed at in Delhi.

It was an exhausting but very worthwhile trip. I will add a few pics later.

Day 217/365 Challenge. Attempt 1 by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 217/365 Challenge - Attempt 2 by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 218/365 Challenge 1 by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 218/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 219/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 220/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 221/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment