Thursday 28 June 2012

Charles: Day 236/365 - Tough One!

I did another run at lunchtime today and I think its the most difficult run I've done during this challenge. It was very warm, damp and muggy and it sapped all the energy out of me as I think I sweated about half my body weight away (I wish!). I think the problem was the loss of fluids and the lack of salt with all the sweating. I also suffered through motivation today as I just couldn't be bothered but knew I had to and that is the beauty of this challenge is that it forces you to get of your lazy butt too just get out there. Still, not looking forward to tomorrow if these weather conditions continue.

Question for everybody: What is the best supplement to boost energy levels and salt levels?

The details of day 236 can be found at Day 236/365 challenge

1 comment:

  1. Coca Cola
    First time I ran and failed the MdS - I would have sold my kids for a Coke at the time.. I now recognise I was suffering from a massive salt imbalance ie not taking enough salt (last year year I was up to 3g an hour in 54 celcius with no problems!)
    find an electrolyte powder your stomach can tolerate - some of the powerade zero stuff is pretty unoffensive, but everyone is different as to what they can keep down... it's critical to get something on board though, particularly when it's warm and humid...maybe chug a bottle down after each run... High 5 do some good stuff too, but not for everyone's tum...

    ReplyDelete