Friday 8 June 2012

Jack: Day 49/365...Olympic Torch Day

This morning I crawled out of my bed at 5:30am to make my way to CrossFit. The run was fairly miserable as I jogged along the river in the rain but it was nice to get the run completed nice and early to free up the rest of my day. At CrossFit we did a workout which focussed on the 'clean'. My battery on my Garmin was low on the run and I was unable to log my GPS for the home leg of the run. It stored the time but unfortunately it has not kept track of the distance covered. I ran back the same way that I ran out and so I know it would have been a leg of just approximately 2.76km meaning that my total covered today would be 5.5km

This evening I strolled into town to watch the Olympic torch make it's way to Glasgow. The streets were packed with people trying to catch a glimpse of the torch (or possibly just to see James McAvoy carrying it!). I also watched the opening of Euro 2012 which saw Greece tie with Poland. The match was a good one and hopefully will be the first of many exciting games of the competition. Loyalties demanded I put a few quid on England to bring home the trophy and at 15/1 I would be delighted if it were to happen. We may not be the best team in the competition but history has taught us that the best team do not always win!

Run 49/365 (part one) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
Run 49/365 (part two) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment