Sunday 3 June 2012

Jack: Day 44/365

Today I decided to pop out and complete my 5km in the morning so that I could enjoy the rest of my Sunday without having to worry about fitting it in later on. I decided to run along the river today but to tackle it in the opposite direction to my usual route. This meant that I could enjoy a change of scenery as I kept the river on my left. This route took me up past the SECC and the Science Museum which are both very impressive and provided a welcome distraction as I made my way along the river. The weather was great for running as the sun came out but it didn't get too hot. I decided to run for just over 2.5km before turning round and heading home which would ensure that I covered my 5km total. Once I was home Vicki and I decided to take a walk along to the Riverside Museum as it was somewhere which neither of us had been and was made even more appealing by the fact that it is free entry! The museum was really impressive and hosted an array of historic forms of transportation. Of particular interest was a fascinating exhibit about Scottish cyclist Graeme Obree which discussed his World Record efforts at the hour-long cycle. Having spent the early part of the afternoon wandering around the museum and walking home Vicki and I decided to sample 'No. 1 The Chocolate Factory' which recently opened up not far from our flat. Vicki opted for the 'Luxury Hot Chocolate' which was amazing but possibly the most ridiculously rich drink I have ever experienced! I would have liked to have spent this evening enjoying some sort of jubilee celebration but most of my mates have decided to head home for the weekend and there doesn't seem to be a great deal going on in Glasgow today.

Run 44/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. Museums and chocolate. It does not get much better than that!!

    ReplyDelete