Wednesday 20 June 2012

Day 1 park run 14 mile by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 1 park run 14 mile by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
Monday morning I was awaken by an email from Nicky asking if I was interested in a challenge to run 365 days... So being a little mental I signed on and later that day I was up for the challenge and I'd set a minimum distance of 1 mile so that should only take 10 mins on a slow day.
The first run I had planned to do a 14 mile run to get in tune for the up coming Slamm event on the 8th of September. The first 12 miles went well but as I'd left my Carb drink at home the last 2 miles were very hard but I was determined to make it and I made it and it felt good I was euphoric that I had finally beaten the 13.1 mile mark.
And a few hours later my legs felt ok unlike after the half marathon I couldn't walk down the stairs.

That was day one 364 days to go

3 comments:

  1. well done Rob - reading this kicks my own backsdie to make sure I get my own run done this evening somehow!.. tempted by the Slamm - I couldn't find the event two years ago and ended up missing the start of the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben
    The slamm will be my first marathon which I believe is a tough on for my first but hey if I can do that I do anything (within reason). Once again Nicky helped me make my mind up about the slamm and joining Langport Runners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see another R365Cer starting. Welcome and all the best!!

    ReplyDelete