Wednesday 27 June 2012

Charles: Day 234 & 235/365 - jogScotland 5k Challenges

Day 234 was the jogScotland 5k challenge at Camperdown Country Park in Dundee. It was torrential rain and the forest trail was like a water logged and slippy swamp. Really tough going and hilly course but I loved it.

Day 235 was the jogScotland 5k challenge at Inverleith Park/Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh. This event had 2 x 5k runs (6pm and 7.30pm) and I did both of them. The course was very muddy and slippy in places because it had been heavy rain all day and the 6pm race was in the rain. It stopped raining for the 7.30pm race but the conditions underfoot were hellish on the wet muddy grass. Again I loved both runs and felt pretty good.

I'm sure I'm going to pay for all this running by getting a bad chest cold but hey ho I've no more races until the Glasgow Half Marathon on the 2nd September so I've plenty of time to recover :)

The details of day 234 can be found at Day 234/365 challenge
The details of day 235 - Run 1 can be found at Day 235/365 challenge - Run 1
The details of day 235 - Run 2 can be found at Day 235/365 challenge - Run 2

No comments:

Post a Comment