Wednesday 13 June 2012

Jack: Day 54/365

Today I had a few lectures to attend at Uni as I come to the end of my course. To my incredible to disappointment the final lecture of the day was cancelled due to the speaker not turning up and so I was devastated to find myself in the pub at 3 o'clock this afternoon! All was not quite as rosy as it may at first seem however as I had not yet covered my daily 5k and I was also due to be training at CrossFit at 5:15. I managed to resist the temptation of a cheeky shandy and, after an hour of catching up with my mates, I stepped outside to begin my jog for the evening. As time was on my side today I managed to continue past the CrossFit box and cover an extra couple of kilometres, running down the river, in order to complete my required 5km before beginning my training session. Today was a Mobility WOD at the box which meant that I spent a full hour grimacing as I rolled around on the floor on foam rollers and mobility balls in order to loosed up my IT Band amongst other areas of tension. The WOD was one of incredible pain but I felt good afterwards and will definitely continue to incorporate these elements into my training in future. With all of this running it is of vital importance that I remember to stretch properly and look after my legs! The jog home was around 2.5km taking my daily total to 7.5km. All in all I am feeling very fit at the moment. My 5km time is the quickest it has ever been and I am lifting good weights in the gym. I am away on holiday to South Africa for two weeks soon and I am just hoping that I can maintain my current fitness levels without having access to a gym. I will be making sure that I complete my 5k run every day and it will be interesting to see how my times compare. Hopefully my strength work in the gym won't suffer too badly for having two weeks off. Only time will tell...

Run 54/365 (part one) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
Run 54/365 (part two) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. I have left you a note further down the blog where you mentioned you are going to Cape Town. Not sure if you always scroll down so do! Also drop me an email: nicky.chrascina@virgin.net for some tips on stuff to do. I lived in RSA for many years & have visited CT numerous timess. Nicky

    ReplyDelete