Sunday 15 April 2012

Nicky: Day 171 Bath Beat







The Bath Beat is organised by the Long Distance Walking Assoc but they welcome runners too. Cheap at £6 entry. You can set off at any time between 07:30 and 09:30 & they monitor your departure time. 8 check points in total along the way which are either unmanned (you have to answer a question, bit like a treasure hunt), or manned CPs where your time is monitored, drinks & heaps of food is provided! At the 14m point even lunch was provided. This is not an event for a winning time or PB, but instead to enjoy the stunning scenary, put some tough miles in the legs & enjoy the cameraderie & offerings!!! I ran/walked with my 65 yr old step-mum who I must admit did brilliantly, altho she found the course incredibly tough - she was totally knackered by 18m but continued to the end, even falling over a tree root at one stage - without a complaint. I loved the day, but please do not look at my mile splits!!
My Garmin satellites did not kick in until 1.6m of the event so my total mileage was 26.6m


No comments:

Post a Comment