Monday 30 April 2012

Send me your medals!!

on 15th May in Indianapolis Medals4Mettle will be presenting 150 sick little kids with gifted race medals from runners just like us. I'm travelling to US on Sunday and I was hoping to drop off a load of ultra/marathon/1/2 marathon/Triathlon medals for them to give to the kids..

I've spoken to the founder of this wonderful charity and am currently exploring what it would take to bring this charity to the UK.. exciting stuff!

medals4mettle.org

if you're anything like me, you have a load of medals hanging on the back of a door or stashed in a drawer... let us put them to a great cause and bring a smile to a kids face.

reply below if you're interested and I'll be in touch. Charles, Jack and Karl - I don't think I have your contact details but I'll get them from Tony if you express a willingness to gift your race medals.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ben. Great cause, but unfortunatly every single medal I own is very precious to me - every one from the day I started running has the date, weather conditions, how I felt & my time together with my number in a file, along with any photos. However, I think there are several folk from our running club who may have unwanted medals stashed so I will ask. i think you are amazing giving away your MdS medal - true charity star! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gifting them to someone else because they're precious... though must admit making a decision on the MdS medal was a toughie - but you know, it feels (viscerally) the absolutely right thing to do... my family in Leeds (sisters et al) think I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do ask at your club - it would be ace to take a bunch over...
    if we bring this thing to UK, will you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Ben, I know its for a great case, but I can't donate them because I treasure every single medal I have since most of them I got when my late mum came along to support me. My current ones are in her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben of course I will help you thwith the medal thing if you bring it to Uk. Would be a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fully understand guys - it's taken me 12 months of thought to get to a stage where I'm comfortable hading over the shrapnel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I could part with some but not the big ones. I'll give it some thought.
    Think I have around 100.

    ReplyDelete