Monday 23 April 2012

Jack: Day 3/365 ...Early morning 5k

Today was my first day back on placement and so I had to fit my run around a full day in school. I also knew that I wanted to do CrossFit this evening on top of my lesson planning and marking and so the only option left was to go before school. Whilst the early start should have been easy enough having spent a couple of University years as a rower, when you either rose with the sun or missed the tide, I struggled to get out of bed! This was mainly thanks to being stuck awake till the early hours trying to finish my book ( A Storm of Swords- which I did finish and was well worth it! ). Thankfully I managed to make it up and out the door by about 7am and headed straight for Kelvingrove Park. Following the same route as yesterday I again took it fairly easy as I didn't want to strain my leg. The park was empty, which was hardly surprising, and it was nice to enjoy it on my own for a change. Whilst the initial act of getting out of bed had been a bit of a challenge I felt great once the run was over and I was wide awake by the time I took my third year class for first period without even the need for a coffee! I will strive to continue with the morning runs as it is nice to come home after school and not have to worry about fitting a run in. Tonight at CrossFit the WOD is Helen - my favourite. A nice little bonus for getting up early and getting my run out of the way! Lovely!

Run 3/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

3 comments:

  1. At the moment I cannot get up in the morning for no-one!
    like to do my runs in the evening - after the WOD at CF!!
    For those who don't know what Helen is - its three rounds of:
    400m run - 21 kettlebell swings at 24kg and 12 pull ups.
    Just to let you know Jack - Did it in 8:29. current box record for today.
    You must try and beat it!!
    Also did 3rm at 100kg front squat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sounds like a challenge! No chance of me getting near that front squat but I will have a good crack at Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took it easy at 23 mins!? Who are you kidding lol

    I would love to do a 23min 5k never mind taking it easy :)

    I trained as a maths teacher but gave that up rather quickly after I found out it involved working with children lol

    ReplyDelete