Saturday 21 April 2012

Jack: Day 1/365 ... And so it begins!

Day one! Having only found out about the run365challenge a few days ago it feels a little bit scary that I am now involved! No turning back now! The task of a full year of running does appear quite daunting, especially when writing 'run 1/365' at the top of the post, but I have always loved a challenge and it's good knowing there are a few other nutters doing the same thing! Kicking off my challenge today was a 15k run along the river with Tony and the running club. It was the furthest I have run in a while but it felt good to stretch the legs out. Throughout the run we incorporated some sprints and drills hopping up the steps which helped add some variety to the run. I felt a slight twinge in my quad on the faster sections of the run so will take it slightly easier for the next couple of days but generally felt quite good! Let's hope it lasts...

Details of the run can be found at: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/170337502

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the 'nutter' club Jack lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cheers! I am sure I will fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! it didnt stop you sprinting past me at the end!! thanks for taking part! it will be hard at times but there will be good times aswel!
    really glad you are on board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start Jack and good to have another with low numbers of 365 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jack & welcoe to the madness. Nicky!

    ReplyDelete