Friday 27 April 2012

Jack: Day 7/365...One week done!

This mornings cheeky 5k round Kelvingrove park marked the first week of my challenge complete! One down fifty one more to go! Again I decided to get up early and just do the standard five kilometres before school. I was feeling good apart from a slight niggle above the right knee but I think this may have come from last nights Clean and Jerk at CrossFit. I managed to run most of the 5k on grass whilst I was in the park to try and reduce the impact on my knees. I think as I am going to be doing this running lark for a while I should start thinking about grass running as much as possible in order to keep the knees in decent condition! Not a bad morning for it today and it was very bright in the park and I felt comfortable jogging round in the sun listening to an old Jack Johnson album. I am currently facing the dilemma of opening a bottle of wine this evening. It has been a long week at school, I am heading to a friends for a movie night this evening and I have a nice bottle of red sitting in the kitchen. However I also really fancy hitting Parkrun hard tomorrow and working for a quick time. We will see where the night takes me!

Run 7/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment