Wednesday 25 April 2012

Garmin stuck in a loop! Hedgehogs and foot niggles. Day 108 and Day 109

Day 109  - Using Forerunner 310XT - watch stuck in a loop saying it's "Transferring Data" but nothing happening... no buttons responding, can't turn it on/off or anything...If I try a hard reset and it works then I lose tonights run data... think I'm just going to let the (now fully charged) battery drain overnight and hope I can still retain the data when I pick it up again in 20 hours time (I bought the watch for its long battery life - arghh!)
Suffice to say I ran through Watercress Woods tonight and quite enjoyed it. Different to last nights foot niggles. Lots of rain, mud and trail. Good stuff. Until I get the Garmin upload sorted you'll just have to believe me when I say I set a new 5K x-country world record! :-)
Day 109 updated Garmin found here:
Day 109 - Garmin

Day 108 (yesterday) Right foot was protesting a bit so just tabbed a mile  - definately not pushing this foot niggle thing... too much else I want to use my feet for! For about 4 metres in the rain I had a little hedgehog for company - don't think he noticed me alongside him.. I thought he was a fat rat at first and was about to boot him off the path, until I saw his little spikes and the way he was running!
Day 108

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ben. Odd, but my Garmin 305 did the same thing which was why I was having so many problems down loading a couple of months ago. I bit the bullet & bought a replacement but the 405! Sods law, the old thing now works perfectly again after a having a little time off! Technology hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Have you tried to force an upload via GC? think this is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. running the battery down (rather than hard reset)ie let it continue to try to transfer data for about 15 hours followed by a full recharge did the trick... transferred like a good 'un and then went back to normal... must just have been a blip. all smiles now though!

    ReplyDelete