Monday 30 April 2012

Day 189/365 - Hoka Highland fling


Wow!! What a race!!
Saturday saw a few of us take part in the 2nd toughest ultra marathon in Scotland.
The HOKA Highland Fling
53miles of the West Highland way.
As this was a training run for the infamous West highland way race, I wanted to film a video diary of the run to stop me from going to faaaaaast! While this did the trick and helped a few of us make it through the incredible terrain and great distance, it also gave an insight into the fantastic community that exists in the ultra-marathon world! Everyone is friendly, supportive and everyone feels the same pain! This is part one of the video diary as I had to borrow Marks camera. Part two will follow shortly.
I hope that you enjoy this video!
The link to the run can be found below.
Please note that my Garmin battery died at 40miles (Gutted)
Missed out on 13miles :(

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!

    I hate myself on camera lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic video! What a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work - looks more like a social than an ultra! look forward to Part deux!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great video. I am in it without you knowing at the time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome stuff! Really interesting to see how it works. I would love to have a crack at an ultra at some point.

    ReplyDelete