Sunday 22 April 2012

Jack: Day 2/365 ...A marathon effort?

With thousands of runners lined up to run 26.2miles around London today my gentle 5k around Kelvingrove Park did feel like a bit of an easy option! Nevertheless London Marathon day is always a big one for me and so it wasn't hard to pull on the running shoes this morning, although part of me (not my legs!) did feel a pang of regret that I wasn't pulling them on for the big race itself! Instead I had a nice gentle run around the park which I took fairly easy as I didn't want to aggravate my quad after feeling a slight ache during yesterdays run. Time to sit back and watch the end of the London Marathon now and consider my options for next year...

Run 2/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

4 comments:

  1. Yea have done London a few times. I used to always go up and watch when I was younger (my mum used to run it!) I have not done it for the last couple of years but might have another crack next year. Atmosphere is the best I have experienced in any race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog posts Jack!
    Remember to take a min to write up your answers to the athlete profile page and we can get it stuck up there with a great photo of yourself in action!
    Also remember to take some pics of you when you are out and about running!
    tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love London mara too. My all time favourite mara - think I have done it 5 or 6 times. Was jealous watching everyone running yesterday. Definatly going to enter for 2013.

    ReplyDelete