Sunday 24 February 2013

Jack: Day 249/365...A long one!

This morning I got up and made my way out for my weekly long run. The plan was to rack up 14miles at a nice gentle pace and to try and make up as much of the run as possible on the grass to save my knees! I made my way down to the river and then made a winding route around Glasgow Green. As I left the park I worked my way back towards the flat and threw in a quick loop of Queen's Park to make up the miles. I reached my front door just after the 14mile mark flashed up on my Garmin and I made it in 1hr 34mins. This meant that I was running at 6mins45secs/mile. If I can maintain that pace for another 12 miles (!!) that would give me a 2hrs 57mins marathon. That would be perfect! Now to just work on the final 12 miles! My average heart rate today was 146bpm which suggests I should have a little left in the tank. I will up the miles again next week and see how things go...

249 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment