Saturday 16 February 2013

Jack: Day 241/365...NEW P.B.!!!

This morning I decided to head back to Parkrun with the guys from school and try my luck at a fast 5k. Having spent my week plodding along at a snails pace I was hopeful that my legs would be nice and fresh and so was aiming for a quick time. Last week I came in at 17:10 and so I was desperate to get back to pushing for a sub-17 min race. I felt as if I was taking the first kilometre pretty easy and so I was pleasantly surprised when my Garmin beeped to tell me that I had passed the 1km marker in 3 mins 19 secs. As I passed half way I was sitting in third place and I was aware of the fella in front of me getting closer. As I started to catch him I decided that I would try and take him before the finish. With a kilometre to go I had managed to claw it back to neck and neck and, as we approached the final downhill section, I put my foot down and pulled away. The last few hundred metres were horrific as I was chased towards the finish line however I managed to hold him off to take second place overall. As I crossed the line I allowed myself a glance at my watch and was chuffed to see that I had finished in 16:56 - A new p.b. Lovely!!

241.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
241.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
241.3 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/glasgow/results/weeklyresults/?runSeqNumber=209

2 comments:

  1. Cheers. It was nice to get back under 17 minutes as the times had been getting slightly slower over the last few weeks. Very reassuring!

    ReplyDelete