Sunday 10 February 2013

Pete Day 223 to 225 - The long the short and the medium by Pljrun

Three runs to catch up on, Friday was my first long run of the year with a 22.5 mile run home from work. The weather was almost springlike in places. It did feel more like the time of year for about half an hour when there was a short shower but it soon changed back to sun and warmish out of the wind. There was still plenty of water around and when I got to Stathe I thought I would try the riverbank, mistake, it was like running on ice I could hardly keep my feet in places. So back to the road at Oath and then home to Langport.

Saturday saw me go for a standard three miles, I must admit my feet and legs where a bit sore (trainers have come to the end of their life, mind you over 1500 miles isn't bad). But I soon warmed and was into my stride.

Sunday was club run day and today was going to be an eleven miler for Sam who is attempting her first half next month. So seven of us set off in the rain around the levels to Upton, Somerton and back to Langport. Even keeping to the road we ended up ankle deep in very cold water, but feet soon warm up. Martin and I went a bit further to do 16 miles for his marathon training, even though it was raining it was nice running conditions.
So all in all a nice weekends running.

Pete Day 225 - Sunday club run 16.5 miles by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details
Pete Day 224 - To Bowdens and back 3.1 miles by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details
Pete Day 223 - A run home from work 22.5 miles by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment