Tuesday 12 February 2013

Jack: Day 235/365...Valentine's shopping!

Today was my last chance to pick up a valentine's present for Vicki before she came home from Aberdeen. I decided to make the 12mile round trip to Braehead Shopping Centre my run for the day! I was due a long run so this was a nice convenient way to kill two birds with one stone. The weather was not great and the snow was coming down pretty hard. Fortunately I was wrapped up in my nice GORE running top which I received for Christmas. I plugged in my ipod and strapped my bag to my back before heading out for a steady jog. The run was fine and I felt comfortable. Whilst it was snowing the ground was not in the least bit icy and it was not actually too cold. It came as a great shock then to suddenly be hurtling towards the ground as I seemingly forgot to put my foot down in front of me. It happened as I was running past ASDA  and a convenient queue of traffic. I glanced up at the sign to check my directions and the next thing I knew I was falling towards the ground. For some reason unknown to me I decided to commit to the fall and, rather than flailing about at the side of the road, I found myself diving into some sort of commando roll over my shoulder before pouncing back to my feet and continuing my run! I barely broke my stride! This earned me some bizarre looks from the stationary traffic and so I ended up chuckling to myself as I made a swift exit! I eventually made it to the shops in one piece, picked up the cuddly toy and made my way home with it safely in my bag! An eventful outing indeed!

235.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
235.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. haha, what a recovery. I did something similar last night but it wasn't even snowing down here in Bristol. :)

    ReplyDelete