Sunday 17 February 2013

Karen day 111 - 117

A bit of catch up as haven't posted for a while. Spent a few days in Surrey with my parents celebrating my dads birthday. Was looking forward to some nice long runs in different surroundings but the full agenda resulted in several short runs squeezed in each morning before the days activities ahead! The good news is some new trainers!! Yippee!! Brooks Ghosts - really comfy so far and Sweat Shop in   Woking delivered a great service - even gave 10% off just for asking! Trainers yet to be tested on a long run but will give me something to look forward to.

Day 111 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295022
An early morning run before work due to a quick turn around after work. Get home, have dinner, pack and drive to Surrey for a few days with family. Always notice how quiet it seems early in the morning before the rest of the town seem to get up! Does anyone else seem to struggle to be quiet when someone else in the house is still asleep? The quieter I try to be, the more noise I seem to make. Noise in the morning = grumpy husband!


Day 112 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295033
First day in Surrey after driving down last night. Nothing much planned for the morning other than catching up with family so had a bit of a lay in and then headed off for about 4 miles. Lots of changes to local houses and shops etc since my last visit which was interesting to see. Noticed how flat it was though and lots of traffic! The afternoon included a trip to Sweat Shop to get some new trainers. As part of the gait analysis and 'trainer fit' I had some personalised inner soles moulded. Was then told they would cost £45 extra so said thanks but no thanks to that one. Looking forward to tomorrows run.


Day 113 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295029
Off to London this morning catching an early train to Waterloo so got up early and headed out for a simple out and back. Great downhill start but of course uphill back! Lots of runners out which was nice to see! Been thinking all day about the inner soles and thought if I was using them every day it might be worth the investment. Went back to sweat shop to get another pair shaped and parted with my money - makes you wonder how much they actually cost if they fit a pair to every customer before actually trying to sell them. Anyway, when I got them home I wasn't happy with them as one feels completely different from the other which is a bit annoying . They have a 30 day money back guarantee so will give them a try and see how I get on.


Day 114 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295025
Last run in Surrey before heading home. Was starting work at 2pm and had a 2 hour drive ahead of me so got out first thing for the run before the drive back to Somerset. Headed down a lane I used to cycle down to get to school (talking a few years ago now!!). Remember a big hill that I used to hate, and either someone had flattened the hill or I have got a bit bigger! Funny how perceptions change as you grow up! Mind still not made up about the inner soles.....


Day 115 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295017
Bit late finishing work and had to stop at Morrison's on the way home so just ended up with just a short run as it was getting late and I was getting hungry! OK, the inner soles have to go. Have never had personalised inner soles before and never had any injuries or problems so think I will return them.


Day 116 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295013
Just a quick run after work - the weeks activities have caught up with me and I was a bit knackered - good pace for me though - must have just wanted to get it done! Ran without the special inner soles and much happier!


Day 117 http://app.strava.com/activities/41295012
Lovely sunny day today. Determined to blow the cobwebs off the road bike and enjoy the sun so went out with Matt this morning for about an hour and a half. Added the run on the end and Matt came out too. He suffered hamstring cramp at a premature turn around point so limped back whilst I added on a bit more to make the 30mins as planned. Loving the new trainers - have my times got quicker or is it just coincidence...???!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment