Monday 27 May 2013

Nicky: Day 285 Edinburgh Marathon

Nicky: Day 285 Edinburgh Marathon PB by Nicky.C at Garmin Connect - Details

Was really hoping to beat my previous marathon PB set in Brighton about 6 weeks ago. Brighton was 3:57. Felt a bit heavy legged on the start line & by mile 6 was still not feeling settled. I had already stopped twice for the loo by mile 9 wasting 2 mins & 5 seconds. My pace was pretty steady though at 8:49 min miling.  Felt no worse by mile 18 altho was a bit peeved that at the marathon registration I was told that lucozade sports drinks were going to be distributed on the course. No such luck - water & hi5 gels only. I dont do gels. Luckily I had some glucose tabs in my bum bag for energy & a few of the sports blok sweetie thingies!
Totally delighted with a 3:53:19 pb which included the loo stops & a garmin mileage measure of 26.34!! One set of loos I used were a bit off course hence the added mileage! Big grins all around.
It was also great to have dinner with Charles & Sally from this challenge the evening before!!

8 comments:

  1. Well done on a fantastic time! It was great to meet you, Sue, Sally and her mum and dad. I'll need to find a run down your way so we can do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree - check out the New Forest marathon. Its in September. I am doing it & Sally said she was going to enter too. Its a beautiful run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effort! I was there too! I thought it was a fantastic day but Lucozade at the stands would have been a good addition! I am sure they had them at previous Edinburgh Marathons which I have done! Well Done! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, do New Forest Charles...I'm going to do it as determined to get under 5hrs. Must update my runs but not been back that long and am shattered. Well done everyone again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Nicky, yet again a brilliant effort - You could all take on the SLaMM if your tough enough !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would like to Pete, but I think we may be away at that weekend.

    ReplyDelete