Monday 27 May 2013

147/365 A driver of distinction on my 5K. by Big Kev

147/365 A driver of distinction on my 5K. by Big Kev

After a restless evening yesterday I really did take it easy today while out running through Leigh Woods. With a slow warm up and some extra stretches thrown in for caution, I can report that while the hamstring is still very tight, it hasn't gone snap! So onward, ever onward.

The process of running outside every day still throws up its peculiarities and today was no exception. Whilst ascending the driveway from the main car park in Leigh Wood to the A369, my eyes were drawn to the driver of a car slowly passing me going up towards the A369. This in itself is not too uncommon and most drivers are kind enough to give me a wide berth (its Big Kev after all). This was again being observed, but to my surprise it was not just the driver peering back at me as I raise my hand with thanks. No, on this occasion I am also acknowledged by a nodding full grown bright red Macaw Parrot! It was enough to put me off my stride and to do a double take in disbelief. The Parrot was as tame as tame could be and was sat quite comfortably half way up the drivers seat belt. Questions need to be asked I hear you cry. The driver is about to head onto a busy main road, surely this is not safe and various other Health ans Safety question. Well we reach the top of the driveway at just about the same time and the driver pulls over and again as calm as calm can be, places the Macaw on a perch on the passenger seat. With another wave of acknowledgement I pass them and we proceed in different directions, whilst in total this encounter could not have been much more than 2 minutes in total, I smile all the way home and forget the painful hamstring for a little while longer.

It's great to be outside, what will tomorrow bring.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev 


No comments:

Post a Comment