Monday 27 May 2013

Jack: Day 338-339/365...Family time!

Day 338 saw me complete a fairly standard 5km jog with nothing too exciting to report.

Day 339 was an exciting Saturday however as I had the pleasure of my mum and dad's company in Glasgow! The parents arrived on Thursday evening and so, on Saturday morning, they decided to join me at Parkrun. As it was the day before my marathon I did not want to run a quick 5km and so  Vicki decided that this would be the ideal opportunity for her to get involved. She has been doing a bit of running recently in her fitness kick and so wanted to join me for a run. She set herself  the target of completing the course in under 30minutes and, spurred on with the incentive of a present if she succeeded, she managed to complete the run in 29 minutes and 39 seconds. A fantastic effort! I ran with Vicki and so crossed the line just after her. This set me up nicely for a relaxing day wandering around Glasgow and getting my head around tomorrow's marathon! My dad completed parkrun in 23.19 and mum finished in 27:00. A good effort all round!


338 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
339 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details




No comments:

Post a Comment