Friday 31 May 2013

151/365 5 Months of running and Summers arrived, 7 miles by Big Kev

151/365 5 months of running and Summers arrived, 7 miles by Big Kev

With the weather forecasters talking about summer arriving today and temperatures reaching 20 degrees C, I thought an earlier rather than later run would be better choice, oh how true!

By the time I had set off at 8:37 it was already 14 degrees and climbing, I had planned to do just 3 miles, but then I realised that today is the end of May and to keep the average mileage up I need to complete 7 miles. To reiterate I do not find it a struggle running that sort of distance when I have the kind of trails and scenery Bristol has to offer on my doorstep.

Today's route started from home and lead me past St Katherines school and into Ham Green, past the lake and onto the towpath that flanks the river Avon which leads into Bristol. The tide was coming in and the shade of the trees kept it cool on the trail. After a glance of the watch to confirm I had reached the required distance I turned, just by the old firing range and then head back to the track that leads to the Paradise Bottom spring (affectionately known as heart attack hill). Once at the top and I have turned right I am then heading for home and along Leigh Court's driveway. Finally one lap of my road and I have covered the required 7 miles, lovely.

So, May is finished and I have been running for 5 months! For the statisticians amongst you the figures stack up as follows:

Miles; 137.21, Elapsed time;16:53:58, Ave Pace; 7:23/Mile, Calories; 21680. This is very similar to April, but with some notable PB's along the way.

Here's to the remaining 7 months.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment