Saturday 11 May 2013

Jack: Day 325/365...A New P.B.!

As I glanced out of my window this morning I was hugely disappointed to see that it was pouring with rain. The sole of my foot was particularly sore and I came very close to crawling back into bed to put off my 5km run until the evening. I knew however that some of the CrossFit lads were heading down to parkrun and I had told them that I would be there. I laced up my shoes and jogged down to Pollok Park. When I arrived I managed to find the other lads and very soon I was lined up on the start line. I went off pretty hard and tucked into second place. After the first kilometre I was running at a sub 17 minute pace. I felt good and as I hit the downhill I decided to kick on. I pulled away from the pack and opened up a good lead. From here it was just a case of hanging on. I powered up the first hill and then again picked up the pace on the downhill. As I hit the third kilometre I realised that I could not see the rest of the field behind me. I was terrified that someone would catch me at any minute and so I held on for dear life and just hoped that it would be enough. I crossed the line in 16:47. This was a huge new p.b. for me and my first ever 1st place finish at a parkrun event! Well chuffed!

CrossFit Glasgow Endurance Team

325.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment