Thursday 30 May 2013

150/365 A little more slippery than expected. by Big Kev

150/365 A little more slippery than expected. by Big Kev

Another mini milestone today and 150 consecutive days of running, how quickly the year is flying past.

With the exploits of yesterday over, it was a loop of Abbots Pool that grabbed my attention today, but not my thoughts on footwear. I was out of the door and on the road with my Mizuno flats on without out a care until I turned onto the first trail. I had somehow completely ignored all of the rain over the last few days and the impact this would have on the conditions under foot!

Fortunately after some very sideways moments I reached the end of the trail and headed back towards home only to then enter the path into Abbots Pool that resembled more of a mud bath, than a path. Safe to say the bright orange shoe are a little less bright after the run today.

Also and a little surprisingly the legs were full of running today and whilst I will be a little down on the monthly mileage by the end of tomorrow, May has been a month full of very special moments.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment