Tuesday 21 May 2013

141/365 5K on a glorious summers evening by Big Kev

141/365 5K on a glorious summers evening by Big Kev

After a wonderful day at work, catching up and forward planning I had an excellent journey home (for a change) which lined up this evenings run nicely.

After a quick change and with the temperature just right, it was an easy choice of routes tonight, the Garlic Valley route. After heading down the Leigh Court driveway I bear off the road just after the car park and head down the incline known as Garlic Valley. Now the blossom has gone the aroma has diminished, but not the beauty, or the requirement to make sure you know where you are placing your feet! At the bottom I turn under the railway bridge and I am now alongside the river on the towpath. Half a mile later I turn right and head back up the opposite side of the valley and into the equally beautiful area known as Paradise Bottom. Finally another right turn and a mile later I am back at home.

Now if I knew the running was going to be this hard, I would have started the challenge a long time ago!!!!

With the club run tomorrow night, I think the Summer 9 along the towpath might be in order.

Finally a big thank you to my new sponsors who helped me out on my just giving site yesterday.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment