Friday 10 May 2013

130/365 GWR Towpath 10K series race 1 by Big Kev

130/365 GWR Towpath 10K series race 1 by Big Kev

Well that was a shock! I started this challenge with the the long journey in mind and yet I am finding that the short ones are bring me as much pleasure (after the event obviously). Today was a good day to celebrate, it's Friday, I have passed 600 miles and on tonight's race I picked up a PB, not only for the race but also the distance. 10k 39:02, well happy!

The conditions were possibly not that conducive for a PB either, with the rain and a bit of wind it meant that the odd slip and slide was inevitable. Fortunately for me, I was able to use 2 people who are normally way out of my league as pacers and by doing so that enable me to post this time.

I can only put this continued increase in performance and speed down to the 365 regime and yet at my age (no comments please), I did expect to see the times go the other way. Whilst I wouldn't recommend this to everybody, the running everyday that is, I would recommend the little and often approach.

I intend to take advantage of a Saturday sleep in tomorrow, so an afternoon run is on the cards.

Thanks to all my running buddies for all their support as without them I am sure I would be going crazy by now and not achieving this level of pay back.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment