Thursday 30 May 2013

Nicky: Day 290 10k club monthly medal

Garmin Connect - Langport 10k

3 days post Edinburgh Marathon & I had to do my 2mile minimum anyway. Club night & also our 10k monthly medal - a club runners only race of the Battle of Sedgemoor 10k circuit. I think its towards winning points for our annual club championship competition.  In true Nicky style, I thought why not!  Put in a nice slow time on these tired legs & I can only improve over the summer monthly medal competitions.
Headed out feeling absolutly fine. Had left my Garmin at home in the rush to get out the door so had no idea of my speed - just ran as I felt!  Bit tired on the last 2 miles with aching calves but absolutely amazed myself with a bang on 48 min 10k. This is the fastest I have ever run this distance. I am now telling myself that I probably didnt push myself hard enough in Edinburgh and maybe could have done an even better time up there. I should not have been able to run a 10k PB 3 days post a marathon.
Quite delighted though. As I have had to create this run (due to Garmin being at home) Pete Jones from the challenge will verify my distance and time as he was the time keeper on the run!  Thanks Pete.

2 comments:

  1. Nicky where you there?
    Seriously Nicky did brilliant as ever putting in a time of exactly 48 minutes for yet ANOTHER PB. I can also confirm the distance for the challenge.
    A few of the runners did well tonight may have been something to do with the continuous patter of rain drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! that's incredible nicky ... another PB. Amazing. Good for you. How did your legs keep going? just shows how fit and strong you are that you recovered so quickly from Ed. I'm sure there'll be more PBs to come this summer. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete