Sunday 19 May 2013

138/365 Park Run celebrations by Big Kev

138/365 Park Run celebrations by Big Kev

Following yesterday's turn of events today's run was also going to be an early (ish) one. The appointment at the car body shop was at 11:00 and on the other side of Bristol. So the plan was to run early, get the quote organised and then the rest of the day was for me! It is my Birthday on Monday and Tina and the girls had organised for a few friends and family to come over for drinks and a catch up. Therefore at 8:40am when I rolled out of bed I really didn't expect to be on the start line for Park Run by 9:00 am, as Ron Burgundy said, 'that escalated quickly!'

I had always planned to go, but a little more preparation is normally required. It was a Park Run of celebrations as Alan was due to run his 100th park run and conditions looked good for some PB's (other peoples I might add). Today's start line banter which is normally always about (for most people) lining up the excuses for why this run won't be a PB or will be a gentle jog because of extenuating circumstances, injuries or an increased level of 'can't be arsedness'. So my apologies (again) have to go out to Marcus, for saying all that I say, about not running hard, you will be well ahead of me today, blah, blah, blah and then ignoring everything I had said and go out all guns blazing. Upside though, another sub 20:00 for me and a top 10 finish (9th), a new PB for Marcus and Alan completing the run and therefore entering the elite 100 club. I am sure there were many more triumphant stories from the days run and I would encourage everyone to create their own, by signing up to this great running community. we are very lucky to have this in Bristol, a big thanks to Geoff and all the team.

Lets see how tonight affects tomorrows run!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment