Thursday 9 May 2013

Nicky: Day 267 Yeovilton 5k race

Nicky: Day 267 Yeovilton 5k race by Nicky.C at Garmin Connect - Details

I was aiming for a 25 minute 5k race as my first of the series season. My PB on any 5k course to date (Street & Yeovilton) has been 23:50 isn!  Pretty chilly & windy evening but I decided to run as fast as I could from the start & just slow as I got tired. That way I knew I wouldn't cross the line feeling like I still had something left in the tank. This was my tactic at the Brighton Marathon rightly or wrongly too! Set off feeling fine until we hit a nice headwind. Martin Hooper from club overtook me after around 1k. I then overtook him at around 2k & held that place with him breathing down my neck until the final straight. I just had nothing left & let him go! I crossed the line in 22:42 which is a PB for me & I was totally delighted. Thanks Martin for pushing me along. Shame I felt like throwing up at the finish line!  Happy days!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment