Tuesday 3 January 2012

Charles: Day 59/365 - The End of the World?

Let's just say today was definitely a stay indoors day because there was a red alert severe gales warning in place with gusts of wind recorded at 104mph in the Edinburgh area. It was causing the closure of motorways and bridges. Houses were being damaged, trees blown over and lorries getting blown over.

In the interest of my own safety I decided to wait until later in the day to go for my run because the forecast said the winds were to die down and by 8pm they had and it was time to don the trainers and go go go before the storms returned. I really didn't want to go running tonight because my body felt heavy and lethargic since I'd been sitting about in a nice warm house watching the telly. I forced myself out the door after a boot up the back side from the wife and did the minimum distance tonight. I even talked the wife into picking me up after 5k. What would I do without the support of my lovely wife xxx

The details of my run can be found at Day 59/365 challenge

4 comments:

  1. The winds were brutal. All buses, trains and planes were cancelled. People were advised not to drive. My dads shed was uprooted and blown over

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had two full sizes trees blown over the next two gardens at the house. had to wrestle with getting them down before thinking about a run!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are defo hardcore charles! i also had to wait till later in the day!!

    ReplyDelete