Sunday 15 January 2012

Nicky Day 81/365 Rough and Tumble 10m - Wiltshire


Last night was our running club AGM & awards evening, and I came away carrying the "Female Club Champion Trophy 2011" - mainly for my effort in completing the MdS!! Well, yes I was almost last but yes I got the metal ware!! Very proud though as I won it in 2010 too for all my Ultra efforts etc! Hopefully picture attached of my poorly MdS feet (my reason for poor performance!). Thats my exscuse & I am sticking to it!!
Anyway, back to today! 10m tough hilly x-country run near Pewsey in Wilts! Beautiful day - sunny but v.cold! Really enjoyed the outing - you will see the elevation for yourself in the attachment from Garmin Connect! BIG steep hills! I was on hands & knees for the last little beast! Really enjoyed it. Bring on the marathon next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I remember those feets and feats! - Brutal, and required a large dose of antibiotics whilst still on the MdS if memory serves - medal highly deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nicky!!! Your feet look so painful and photos only capture so much....they must have been bad. How long did they take to heal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on anti-biotics for 2 wks & couldnt run for 2 months. Feet & legs were very swollen for about a fortnight - couldnt get proper shoes on! Flip flops came in handy!
    Believe it or not I have started looking at the Gobi Desert for next year!!!!! Just dont learn.

    ReplyDelete