Sunday 8 January 2012

startover

Legends - after some thought I've decided to start again on my challenge. When I totted up everything that I missed it was 14 days of running.

Tony and I talked briefly about donating money for every day missed, but we struggled to determine a daily rate that would deter folks from taking a day off, and one that I could afford!

In order to get the satisfaction from knowing I've completed a whole yearly calendar of running I decided the best thing was to start over. Todays run was Day 2. I'm still smiling and view the previous days runs as merely warm ups to the big challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Tough call Ben, but I would have probably done the same!! Go Ben Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Nicky says, tough call mate but I would agree with her and I would also want to start at the beginning again. At this stage I want to continue on running well past the 365 and continue onto a second 365 perhaps trying to do 10k per day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Feel good about it. The best thing is that unlike last time, I now have a reasonable basal level of fitness to start from and build on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys!
    It truly is a big decision and one that Ben has thought hard about! I thought about not running one night and the guilt killed me until I couldnt stand it and had to go out and do my run. The majority of us are seasoned ultra runners and we all know that stopping 33 miles into a 40mile ultra doesn't mean that you have accomplished anything. Just did a very long training run! So I think in order to deter us from taking a day off I think that it is compulsory that we start from the begining again if we fail to do a run.
    So we all know where we stand!
    Good luck to Ben, We are all behind you!!

    ReplyDelete