Monday 23 January 2012

Ben Day 17 - sub 21 min 5K - yay!

Cycle path again this evening - I felt fresh as I slipped out into the night whilst the wife readied the kids for bed etc... thought what the hell lets see what happens - aimed for a sub-21 5K - first mile went at 6'46" and then I stopped watching the clock and just tried to get some air into the engine! - I was blowing quite hard by the end and I was cringing hoping I'd done enough to get under 21'..
20'22" - elated!

Feels great to have made good progress since November when I was running the cycle path in ~22'45".

Feel pretty energised and now gives me something to aim for - a sub 20 min 5K. C'mon!
Ben Day 17 - Garmin

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!!!

    I also find that I run faster if I stop clock watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lit the fire Charles... 4'min 30/mile - you're a machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but that was over 25 years ago lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably need to lose about 5 stone before I can even get close to a 5 minute mile again :)

    Sounds like I've just set myself a challenge lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic effort Ben!! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic effort Ben!! You rock.

    ReplyDelete