Wednesday 18 January 2012

Charles: Day 72 to 74/365 - Glorious sunrise on a freezing morning

Day 72
Bog standard lunch time run at work. Not much to report other than its was freezing cold with white frost under foot and that was early afternoon. Great and refreshing on the lungs breathing in the crisp fresh air :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 72/365 challenge

Day 73
I was across at my dads in Fife to take him to a hospital appointment and to take my car for an MOT. The car was booked in for 8.15am so I decided to go for a run whilst the car was at the garage and I had about 90 minutes to spare. I did a long run through Ravenscraig Park along past the Kirkcaldy Promenade and back towards the garage past Raith Rovers Football Stadium (Starks Park). The run was just over 13k and it was freezing cold with white frost underfoot. The crisp clean air was great on the lungs but made the legs very sore because the muscles were tight with the cold.

The run along the prom had a breath taking sunrise across the water and a fantastic colour in the sky across the horizon as it merged with the coast line. I've attached a few photos but they don't quite capture the beautiful colours in the sky



If people ever say to me again that running is boring then I'm going to start showing them these pictures and say this is what makes it all worthwhile when you get to see nature at its best :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 73/365 challenge

Day 74
Another lunch time run at work but this time I ventured a wee bit along the canal path and really enjoyed it. It was relatively mild so I even managed to wear a pair of shorts instead of the running tights for a change and it felt great getting fresh air about the legs after all these weeks. The run was fairly uneventful apart from almost getting run over by a flaming taxi driver where the road narrows to single lane across a bridge. I was running to one side of the side of the bridge near the edge and was almost at the other side when the idiot kept flying along the road without a care. I wish I'd managed to get his license plate details because I would definitely have reported him to the police.

The details of my run can be found at Day 74/365 challenge

1 comment: