Friday 20 January 2012

Marg: Day 68-72/365 Challenge - in sunny Florida with Ben!

Day 68 - Got into Fort Lauderdale at about 8.30pm and so my first run for the week was at night but it was a great night with stormy weather way out to sea and the waves were rolling in and the air had a sweet, warm salty smell. I immediately felt the tension of the winter cold falling away from me.
Day 68/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 69 - had a run with Ben today which was nice. I am sure I slowed him down!, sorry Ben! We went along the beach, which was very pleasant and Tom came for part of the way. It was a bit of a mistake for me as I found the sand too soft and it strained my legs/butt and found myself sore after the run even though we came back along the Broadwalk. Lovely weather today!!
Day 69/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 70 - yeh!! My 70 day milestone! And what a place to do it. I was going to run in the park but it was closed and so continued north for nearly 2 miles and had to stop as m butt was so sore. I did some stretches and walked a bit before running home.
Day 70/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 71 - butt still really sore so just did the minimum 2 miles today and ran it before going into our meeting as I was worried that I might stiffen up so much that I would not be able to run at all! We went out catermaranning in the afternoon and swimming. It was great and such a gorgeous day.
Day 71/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 72 - last day. My butt is still sore but I am taking ibuprofen so it was not too bad. Did a slow 4 miles down to Harbor Beach and back. It will be hard to leave this great weather and nice to catch up with Ben and others. We all part ways today.
Day 72/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment