Sunday 8 January 2012

Charles: Day 64/365 - Test of strength

Today I challenged myself to see how fast I could run a 5k on my own after being over the moon with my performance yesterday. I choose a fairly easy course because my legs were a wee bit stiff but nothing too bad. I managed to do it in 25min and 29sec which is a fantastic 1min and 18sec quicker than yesterday. Totally impressed how this challenge is definitely making me fitter and being able to run at a pace I haven't done so in years is a great feeling. Who knows by day 365 I might be able to emulate my old mile time of 4min 31sec, although I was 17 at the time i.e. 26 years ago. God I'm getting old when I can look back over 26 years ago!? :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 64/365 challenge

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention that this weekend was really tough mentally because it's 2 years today that I lost my mum. The running gave me something to focus my attention on rather than get all moody and weepy. Miss you mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4'31"/mile!?
    Man you're a legend! You're encouraging me to see if I could ever run a sub 5-min mile, but the effort required to move from even 7 mins to say 6'45" is a killer!
    Great work Charles. (sorry to hear about your mum.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charles! Fantastic that you are getting fitter and fitter as the challenge goes on!!
    So sorry to hear about your mum, but by using the emotion in such a positive way you are inspiring us all!
    We should now turn our attention to the fundraising part of our challenge and to recruiting more runners. By the end of January let us all try to recruit one runner each?
    Let us also finally decide on a charity. I do not have one that is close to my heart so I shall let the rest of you decide.
    You guys are all fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete