Monday 23 January 2012

Charles: Day 77 to 79/365 - Three cold days

Day 77
Late Saturday night run past all the drunks smoking outside the pubs. I didn't get any abuse this time which is a first. I think they were either too pie eyed and drunk or I was running too fast for them to notice the big bloke in a bright yellow jacket. The run itself was quite tough but good fun on a crisp clear & frosty night.

The details of my run can be found at Day 77/365 challenge

Day 78
A very windy and cold day made this run quite interesting and challenging but I felt great at the end of it because I'd battled through the mental challenges of wanting to stop and walk. I didn't stop and battled on to the end. My legs and hips were aching when I finished so a nice warm bath and pain killers were in order.

The details of my run can be found at Day 78/365 challenge

Day 79
Short 8k run with the running club tonight in the cold. My hips and back felt really sore before we started running and was thankful that the pace was quite slow tonight. The cold air also hurt the chest when breathing but I think we all suffered. Great to be running with a group though because running 39 miles a week on your own gets really quite tedious.

The details of my run can be found at Day 79/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment