Sunday 22 January 2012

NickyDay 88/365 Gloucester Marathon


I did a marathon pb on this course last year but after 88 days of running & a tough course I new I wouldnt beat it. However, legs felt heavy from the start - thought I would settle after 2 or 3 miles but at 6 miles I knew today was going to be a mega struggle - and it was! Right hip really hurting after the half way mark & legs really uncomfortable, especially after 6 miles. All I needed today though was a sub 5 as my Comrades qualifier. I can go for a better time for better "sheep pen" on the start line in April when I do Taunton mara.
Sat with my compression leggings on, a glass of ice cold wine & slow cook casserole ready! Perfect.


4 comments:

  1. Garmin Nicky - we need to see the pain and suffering!!
    great effort and well done for grinding it out... you're made of iron! Hope your run tomorrow feels like you're running on air in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Nicky! A well deserved glass of wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garmin Connect was on a go slow for an hour or so, but now you can see the pain! Thanks guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic achievement Nicky. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete