Monday 1 July 2013

Pete Day 365/365 - The final 7 miles of the challenge by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details

Well that's it 365 days run, thousands of calories used up, three pairs of trainers gone and a challenge that I never thought about completed. Thanks to Nicky for telling me about it and thanks to all you fellow runners for the company along the way.

I set out not only to run this but to beat my own personal best mileage for a year which stood at 2127, well success, I completed 2204.5 miles, an average of 6.05 miles a day. A couple of marathon pb's and a couple of other reasonable times along the way. I was going to carry on until my 60th in a few months but over the last few days, confirmed by todays leap year run (just to cover the 366th day) the thought of running every day for no reason is not enough of an incentive.

It has been a great journey, one I never thought possible (always been a five day a week runner with two days rest) but one I feel proud and honoured to have been part of.

So I go now to the next challenge - to compete in the Portsmouth marathon in December and achieve a good for age time as I will then be in the next age group. So I have two more marathons before then and some serious training. Take care all, keep on running and good luck to you all in the coming days and months.

One final thing, I started this challenge also to use it to raise awareness to organ donation, as well as trying to raise a bit of money for future research and to say thanks for all those great people behind the scene who helped my son (he is doing the great north run this year!!) so if anyone would like to help my cause here is the link http://www.kidneyresearchukevents.org/Peterun

I will keep tabs on you all and you never know I may return.



Pete Day 365/365 - The final 7 miles of the challenge by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details
Pete Day 366/365 - A leap year run, just in case by Pljrun at Garmin Connect - Details

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic write up Pete- an amazing achievement. A year goes by quickly. See you at the slamm and the 10k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Pete!!! What an inspiration to others and what a distance to run in a year. Brilliant!!

    I wish you all the best for your marathons and your future challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Pete that is a big mileage count, great work, you should be forever proud.

    Good luck on all you future challenges.

    ReplyDelete